Since its founding 73 years ago, Opera Carolina has supported, mentored and advanced Charlotte’s creative opera community. As Greater Charlotte has grown, it has become a magnet for opera artists moving to our community, as well as developing into a dynamic city where recent college graduates can live, work and hone their skills as professionals.
Opera Carolina is committed to Artist Advancement and Workforce Development by investing in our region’s opera artists through our Resident Company.
The Resident Company program offers young artists:
- Employment through casting as principal artists, supporting artists in Classic
- Grand Opera Education Programs, and Community Programs;
- Inclusion in Civic Engagement training and connection with other Greater Charlotte creative artists;
- Masterclasses with principal guest artists and directors each season;
- Monthly music coachings with Opera’s music staff;
- Additional needs-based support for singing lessons with master teachers;
- Scholarship support to participate in the International Lyric Academy.